Sunday, November 23, 2008

Kaaaaate again *swoon*

Pretty sure that was the single best gig I've ever been to. But I got "infected with the general seediness that is Sydney", as Mitch says. I feel shite this morning, like I've been drinking. But I didn't. For the record.

I went to see the amazing that is Kate Miller-Heidke again last night. Road trip with Mitch, his sister Eryn and his friend Bron. Bron with the GOLD CONVERSES. Rad.

I have to say... still not a fan of Sydney. At all. I just can't get behind that place. So busy, so angry, so sad. There was a hobo-looking dude playing a recorder, crying. Crying! And Mitch was in Sydney just on Wednesday and the same guy was there, playing his recorder and crying! And there were hobos drinking beer in their undies and people taking their very small child (or possibly a midget) into a seedy lingerie shop. So many people, so many horns beeping... tall buildings that induce vertigo... if it weren't kinda pretty, I'd never go there.

Now, the Metro. I'd never been there before. It's so intimate! It was a fantastic place to attend a gig! We were right up near the stage... not near Kate, but near Nicole Brophy -- which, as far as I'm concerned, is just as rad as being up near Kate. The whole band are just so fantastic to watch. And I didn't realise until last night that Kate and Keir are husband and wife. That makes Space They Cannot Touch (already one of the most romantic songs I've ever heard) even more romantic. *sigh* How sweet.

They mixed up a couple songs too. Words is now way heavied up, with an extra verse in which Nicole summarises the whole point of the song by busting out her rock side and shouting, "Puck you, I won't do what you tell me!". Censored because it was an all-ages gig but still by far the best rendition of that song I've ever heard.

*sigh*

Best. Gig. Ever.

In other news, I'm looking forward to tomorrow! Just a bit. =D

1 comment:

  1. Bron says she has doubled security on her house to prevent Converse theft.

    Fair warning, dude.

    ReplyDelete