Thursday, November 20, 2008

100 Things To Do Before I Die

So I'm a little morbid sometimes. I realise I'm mortal and that living doesn't necessarily mean you're gonna last til you're 120. Sometimes I think about what a fucked up life I've had and how it's inhibited me from doing a lot of things. Or, how I've inhibited myself from doing certain things, maybe. So Sarah posts an entry that questions on what you've done so far in life and it gets me thinking. With a bit of modification, I've turned it into a kind of wishlist. It's just a start but it would be nice to have done all of these things when I'm laying there, about to take my last breath.


I left a few in that I've already done, otherwise I'd never get the motivation to start. I've already done 31/100. A good start, methinks. Some of these things are pretty far out and I'll probably replace them when I give in to the inevitability of them. Some are basic but they're things I'm happy I've done.

Thanks, Lynchy. =)



01. Swim with dolphins
02. Climb a mountain
03. Take a car for a test drive
04. Walk inside the Great Pyramid
05. Hold a tarantula
06. Take a candlelit bath with someone
07. Say "I love you" and meant it
08. Hug a tree
09. Visit Paris
10. Watch a lightning storm at sea
11. Stay up all night long and see the sun rise
12. See the Northern Lights
13. Go to a huge sports game
14. Walk the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa
15. Grow and eat your own vegetables
16. Touch an iceberg
17. Sleep under the stars
18. Change a baby's diaper
19. Take a trip in a hot air balloon
20. Watch a meteor shower
21. Get drunk on champagne
22. Give more than you can afford to charity
23. Look up at the night sky through a telescope
24. Have a food fight
25. Bet on a winning horse
26. Have a snowball fight
27. Scream as loudly as you possibly can
28. Hold a lamb
29. See a total eclipse
30. Ride a roller coaster
31. Dance like a fool and don't care who is looking
32. Adopt an accent for an entire day
33. Visit all 8 states and territories
34. Have amazing friends
35. Dance with a stranger in a foreign country
36. Watch whales
37. Steal a sign
38. Backpack in Europe
39. Take a road-trip
40. Go indoor rock climbing
41. Take a midnight walk on the beach
42. Go sky diving
43. Visit Ireland
44. In a restaurant, sit at a stranger's table and have a meal with them
45. Visit Japan
46. Milk a cow
47. Alphabetise your DVDs
48. Pretend to be a superhero
49. Sing karaoke in public
50. Lounge around in bed all day
51. Play touch football
52. Go scuba diving
53. Kiss in the rain
54. Play in the mud
55. Play in the rain
56. Go to a drive-in theatre
57. Visit the Great Wall of China
58. Tour ancient sites
59. Take a martial arts class
60. Play WoW for more than 6 hours straight
61. Get married
62. Be in a movie/television show
63. Crash a party
64. Make cookies from scratch
65. Win first prize in a costume contest
66. Ride a gondola in Venice
67. Get a tattoo
68. Appear on a television news program as an "expert"
69. Perform on stage
70. Go to Las Vegas
71. Record music
72. Eat shark
73. Kiss on the first date
74. Go to Thailand
75. Buy a house
76. Holiday on a cruise ship
77. Speak more than one language fluently
78. Raise children
79. Follow your favorite band/singer on tour
80. Take an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country
81. Pick up and moved to another city to just start over
82. Sing loudly in the car, and don't stop when you know someone is looking
83. Write an article for a publication
84. Touch a stingray
85. Help an animal give birth
86. Win money on a TV game show
87. Fire a rifle, shotgun, or pistol
88. Ride a horse
89. Sleep for 30 hours in a 48 hour period
90. Visit all 7 continents
91. Eat kangaroo meat
92. Eat sushi
93. Have your picture in the newspaper
94. Change someone's mind about something you care deeply about
95. Read The Iliad and The Odyssey
96. Communicate with someone without sharing a common spoken language
97. Build your own PC from parts
98. Buy a brand-new car
99. Shave your head
100. Save someone's life

No comments:

Post a Comment