Sunday, November 2, 2008

Bitter & Twisted

Today can be summed up in one word: radxcorebro.



This woman is possibly the most gorgeous person I have ever set eyes on. She's quirky, beautiful and has such an amazing voice.

In fact, I think I'm cured -- I like the ladies.

Bitter & Twisted was today. Mike and I traversed the distance from Hamilton to Maitland via the train, which was something I hadn't done for a long while. The festival was in the gaol, which was an ultra-awesome setting for a gig, I have to say.

The sole reason I went to this gig? The heavenly being that is Kate Miller-Heidke had a one-hour set. And it was brilliant. Absolutely awesome. Those that piked out? You suck and should forever feel a huge empty void where this gig would have sat. I'm just saying.

Please ignore the orientation of these vids. Just rotate your head 90 degrees anti-clockwise and you'll manage just fine.



See? And for Farnham goodness:



She played a lot off Little Eve, thank the gods. I love that album so damn much. She did manage to slip in some of her newer stuff too, from Curiouser. Like:



Of course, there was masses of beer. And prison-experience goodness. Mitch was there, as was Bronson. And a new boy, Mark. He was... interesting. I know nothing about him at all, so no judgements can be made. But he was... interesting, yes.

Of course, Josh Pyke was there, too. I'm a fan, it's just that... so much of his music sounds the same, you know? I'm just glad he managed to get this one in:



I'm really tired, so I'm sure I'm not doing the day justice. As long as I'm getting across that it was FUCKING BRILLIANT, then my job here is done.

I need some sleep :(

1 comment:

  1. Well, you accomplished you goal. But I'm not jealous, I swear!

    I mean, you were drinking beer at a gaol watching awesome people sing and shit.

    I got to hang out at the library, get RSI from typing, cause irreversible eye damage from staring at a computer screen.

    Now who's jealous?

    ReplyDelete