Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Very Parkhill Christmas...

...was last night. So there was no pizza. But there was these awesome little rectangluar potato things that Trent always seems to serve...

I felt kind of awkward for the first little bit. It's been weeks and weeks since I was at a proper Parkhillian get-together. We mostly sat around outside, catching up on everything and talking about oh-so-appropriate-for-dinner topics such as what herbs would taste best on human flesh. According to Annie, it would depend on their nationality (lemon myrtle for Australians, in case you're wondering). Once the Chrissie crackers were popped and the sun went down proper, things seemed to chill a lot more. Except my stupid cracker didn't have stickers?! As such, my paper hat was plain and boring. Hmph.

Then came the kamikaze beetles. I love that my best friends are terrified of beetles. I know that makes me a slack person but it provides me with endless hours of amusement.

The movie sucked balls, so Annie and I ended up in the kitchen. Then came Sarah. In the end, the whole party ended up sitting on the tiled floor in the kitchen while the muppets rambled on in the other room. High fives for starting a trend. There may also have been photos of me whoring around the room. Hmm.

A few hours of freaking ourselves out with ghost- and break-and-enter- stories rounded off the night. Okay, so as a second-hand story, I haven't done the night justice. It was so brilliant just being around these people again and remembering why we all click so well.

Also incredibly saddening knowing that it's probably our last real Parkhillian event. =(

At least we have Trent's farewell tonight. Not everyone will be there but it will be brill nonetheless. Probably. I forgot to report my earnings so I don't actually get paid 'til tomorrow. That means that I will no longer be attending in dress. Nor will I likely be drinking. So less brill than originally intended.

Today is the work Christmas party. The kind where we're taking all of the kids to the local pool. ALL of them. I'm scared. If only for the precious eyes of all the pool-visitors who will be subjected to the blinding light reflecting off my pasty white body. Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment