Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Disco-clad stalkers.

I see the world in a very wide-eyed way and I'm happy with that. I can do something a whole bunch of times or see the same landscape-view every day and still think it's awesome.

The world is pretty fucked up, though, when people see that as strange. I don't want to feel weird or like I'm being childish for being happy. I enjoy as much as I can of my life and I don't want to be labelled as something that is odd because I'm not cynical and/or jaded.

I guess labels are an issue for me. .

I've been on a bit of a kick today. I'm starting to recover my motivation for actually doing stuff again. I've had enough of letting crap pile up around me just because I've only got myself to worry about. It's time I got up off my arse and got myself organised again. Good feeling.

In other equally-exciting news, tonight is the Parkhill Christmas get-together. I can't flippin' wait. It's been so, so long since we got together as a group... stupid life stuff getting in the way. It sucks -- a lot -- but it'll be brilliant to have such awesome people together again. Leesh's presence will be sorely missed, though =( I'm envisioning mucho catching up, very little actual movie-watching and hopefully pizza. Pizza would be a definite plus.

Sidenote: I keep finding all of these small, circular pieces of reflective material around my house. Little mirror-like disks, only a few millimetres wide. I just found another sitting on my big toe. What the hell, man? I can honestly think of no reason I keep finding them or where they are coming from. Except now I'm envisioning some sort of disco-clad stalker sneaking around my house when I'm not home... and I'm scared.

So, life at the moment? Very different. I'm not sure what it's all heading toward but for now, I'm not complaining. I'm doing a lot of things I've never done before. Dancing, for example. At G. Perhaps I am acting like a tourist (=P) but that's sheltered old me. I'm just going with it all and hoping it doesn't end up in a burning pile of flaming debris.

Turns out holidays aren't as bad as I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment