Monday, December 1, 2008

New list. Old one was lame.

So my last list was kinda boring and I couldn't cross things off for years yet. This list is much more achievable in the short term. Plus, it sounds way more fun.

Let's aim for... end of 2009.

I've only done 6/87 things since the beginning of 2008. That's the kick-off point. =D



01. Swim with something big (whale, shark, dolphin, turtle)
02. Skinnydip at the beach at night
Friday night. Myself, Rosie and Mark. Some random fellow skinnydippers. Newcastle pools.
03. Take a car for a test drive
04. Build something that will outlast me
05. Hold a tarantula
06. Take a candlelit bath with someone
07. Take a dancing lesson
08. Hug a tree
09. Research my family tree
10. Watch a lightning storm at sea
11. Stay up all night long and see the sun rise
12. Roast marshmallows over a fire
13. Go to a huge sports game
14. Get involved in a protest rally
15. Write a letter to my grandchildren, telling them about 2008/2009
16. Catch a fish and eat it
17. Sleep outdoors watching the stars
18. Smile at 100 strangers (apparently about 73 will return the smile)
19. Take a trip in a hot air balloon
20. Watch a meteor shower
21. Get drunk on goon
"You're junk, Drohn." 'Nuff said.
22. Give more than you can afford to charity
Sponsored a child for a few years until I had to give it up this year due to being on a very restrictive student budget...
23. Look up at the night sky through a telescope
24. Have a food fight.
Whether you count the Great Ice Cream War of '09, the watermelon fight a couple of weeks previously or the grape fight at Kates birthday yesterday, Markus has helped very much with this one, repeatedly.
25. Play on a sports team.
I play netball now!
26. Read a Shakespearean play
27. Scream as loudly as you possibly can
Sandy and I used to do this in the car for no reason at all... pretty cathartic, though.
28. Do the 40-hour famine
29. See a total eclipse
30. Give mum + Sandy + grandma a dozen red roses and tell them I love them
31. Dance like a fool and don't care who's looking
I was going to use either the Silent Disco at BDO or any night at G to cross this one off. Then I remembered my performance of Beyonce's 'Single Ladies' dance in front of the giant mirror at the gym. Yes, that works well.
32. Paint a picture on a canvas for my wall.
My house looks like an amateur art gallery now between Marcus and I, but I have now contributed TWO pictures to the walls! The latest was a blue and red Indian-esque style tree... I like it even if noone else does (looking at you now Mike, you bastard).
33. Visit all 8 states and territories
34. Take a vow of silence for a day
35. Dance with a stranger
36. Leave a lovenote on a windscreen
37. Steal a sign
I steal a lot of signs... only one street sign but also posters and stuff, whenever they take my fancy.
38. Build a giant sandcastle
Does a giant pod of whales count? Hell yes it does when you win FIRST PLACE for them and get a TROPHY for your efforts! =D
39. Be a member of the audience in a TV show
40. Go indoor rock climbing
22nd birthday, a bunch of us went indoor rock climbing, followed by laser-tag, followed by more rock climbing. Pretty fucking scary but still awesome.
41. Take a midnight walk on the beach
42. Punch a monkey in the face.
Okay so technically I didn't quite achieve this one. I was sooooo goddamn sick when I visited Bali's monkey temple that I mostly wanted to throw up on the monkeys. Luckily, a baby monkey jumped on my head. By the time I got rid of him, he tried to repeat offend so i kicked him a little bit. There's a video on youtube if you want proof.
43. Wear fancy dress for a whole day
44. In a restaurant, sit at a stranger's table and have a meal with them
45. Visit a foreign country.
One week in Bali. Suck that, List.
46. Milk a cow
47. Walk a marathon
48. Pretend to be a superhero
I do this one all the time in my daily life what with my Cptn America, Spidey and Superman shirts... but officially a dress-up event at work in '08 covered this one...
49. Sing karaoke in public
50. Plant a tree
Do herbs count? I helped plant the basil and I relocated the parsley... and I helped pot Pete!
51. Pretend to be invisible
52. Go scuba diving
53. Shower in a waterfall
54. Play in the mud
55. Play in the rain
56. Send a message in a bottle
57. Write a season of a television show
58. Tour an ancient site
59. Take a martial arts class
60. Play WoW for more than 6 hours straight
*sigh* I miss WoW. But it's probably for the best that it's not around anymore... unfortunately, whole days and nights could be sucked up by that game...
61. Go on holiday with no luggage
62. Make cookies from scratch
63. Spend one hour in a lift
64. Get a tattoo
65. Make a snowman
66. Spend Christmas Day in Lapland
67. Teach someone illiterate to read
68. Speak more than one language
69. Spend Christmas Day helping
70. Take an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country
71. Experience weightlessness
72. Learn to juggle
73. Write an article for publication
That's right. I just wrote an article for the Star on a circus skills workshop. Y'all need to actually pick up your copies of the Star of your lawns and read them before you drive over them (yup, you're totally being targeted Mike) and read it. Then pretend Mark wrote it.
74. Touch a stingray
75. Help an animal give birth
76. Learn to meditate
77. Ride a horse
78. Swing through the air on a trapeze
79. Learn to throw a boomerang
80. Eat sushi
81. Make a kite and fly it
82. Take a surf lesson
83. Snowboard
84. Communicate with someone without sharing a common spoken language
85. Build my own PC from parts
86. Shave my head for charity
87. Build a treehouse
89. Buy a couch.
Okay so this one isn't as exciting as playing sports and hurting animals... but I did this a while ago, halving the costs with Mr Macus... okay, technically I'm still paying my half off, but the couch is in the house! It totally counts!
90. Marry David Tennant

No comments:

Post a Comment