Thursday, December 18, 2008

My sunburn didn't peel!

Yet. I got burned on Sunday... so I'm gonna go ahead and assume I'm a bronzed god-like figure by now. Almost god-like. I'm Hercules.

And let's hope that Hercules is immune from skin cancer.

I'm not sure what's happened in the past month or so, but life suddenly found a whole new level of awesome. While I used to use this as an almost-catalogue of outstandingly awesome/terrible things that would happen to me, I find it difficult to pinpoint things that are standing out because everything is just... fun now.

Beach visits, too much ice cream (with too-close calls of being caught naked), mini-road trips, hospital visits, awesome books, mucho swooning, rad gigs and lots of new friends. Oh, and the new foods... frak yes.

I kind of feel like I'm wondering what I've been doing for the past little while. Yes, I started dragging myself out of boring slums when I left Taree but then I fell back into routines of long periods sitting at home and being bored. Mess built up around me as I became intensely lazy (heh) and just spent far too much time sitting around wondering what I could be doing.

Idiot. Things are happening now, though, and it's all good stuff. Proper road trips, gigs, christmas lights... other important stuff that shall remain off my blog. Life is pretty frakkin' brill.

That said, I do feel shitty that I've seen so little of the Parkhillians. Random gettogethers like Trents remind me of what I'm missing. Maybe once the holidays are over and things settle, we'll start hanging again...

In other awesome news, I no longer have anything to do with the wench that is Jameseth. I miraculously found someone to take over the contract for his phone and I drove all the fucking way to Branxton to grab the comics of Mikes that he was threatening to burn (dick!). In my memory, Brano was only 40 minutes or so away... turns out it's about twice that. My poor old car decided she needed a break on the way home and died. Thank gods I'd just picked up a box from James' with photos in it. Not so good part? Mark finding old photos of me hilarious. But what made up for that? Finding pictures of certain wenches dressed as a woman. Yes, this will come in handy... but back to the point: I can now leave that part of my life well and truly behind.

I have to go to Charlestown now to renew my licence... not that I can really afford to do so...

1 comment:

  1. update!!! people bludging at work need something to read!!

    ReplyDelete