Saturday, October 18, 2008

We love music.

I saw Annie for the first time in about a month and a half last night, it was fantastic. I sometime begin to forget just how much I love her until I see her. And her stories are soso awesome. Those who know the story will agree.

So yes, last night was expensive ice cream and coffee with the Parkhillians. Again, I love them oh-so-much.

But oh! Lisa Mitchell was performing up the road. For $12 a ticket! And nobody would pay the moneys to go see her! And they were my lifts home! Dicks! My future wife was metres from me and I couldn't see her. :(

Speaking of awesome music though, I have some great points to make.

i) Once I put some clothes on, I'm heading over to JB to grab Kate Miller-Heidke's latest album. It's gonna rock some major socks, I can tell. I was gonna just get it on iTunes but Dean convinced me that a hard copy of those special albums is so much better. Also, I've gone over my download limit so it'd take like an hour to download.

ii) I'm buying my Bitter & Twisted tickets today. Everyone has said how awesome it'll be and how they'll all be there etc but I kinda get the feeling I'll be the only one who actually goes. Well, me and Michael cos I'm buying his ticket to ensure he turns up.

iii) Fotsun! How awesome does it look? But for $95 a ticket? Okay, hell yes, I'd still pay that. but I don't really know anyone else willing to pay that much for bands they don't know. Damn, dude, I reallyreallyreally need to get myself some friends who have more similar music tastes to me. I don't particularly wanna go to my first festival all by myself.

iv) I'm not going to Fat As Butter anymore. Much as I'd love to, the tickets have gone up to like $86 or something. Again, totally worth it but not when everybody else is bitching that the price is too high. *le sigh*

v) Beach Party at the Uni! A couple decent bands seem to be going there so I guess that'll be my consolation prize. I'm sure I could convince a couple people to go to that one. Maybe. Argh.

I love my music so much. Why don't my awesome friends?? lol

Aight, I suppose I'm off to buy myself some awesome music. After I dress. Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment