Monday, October 27, 2008

<3 to grandma

How much do I love my grandma? I hung out with her today. She took me shopping. Reject Shop and Aldis only. Apparently, shopping anywhere else is blasphemous to the bank account! So she buys me shiteloads of cheap food and stuff. Including tongs. It was pretty damn rad of her, I must say. Okay, so the moneys came from my mumma. Which I heart her for too, that woman is a lifesaver. I have not really been able to afford food of late. Thank the gods for Mike saving my grumbly belly.

The topic of some photos from her recent trip to Fiji came up. She was referring to a photo of herself, Laurel and Dee getting massages with apparently nothing but white towels draped over them. Her reaction upon seeing the photos? And I quote: "Wholey shit, talk about beached whales! Ohhh shit!" Don't get me wrong, my grandma isn't some foul-mouthed lady, that's what makes her reaction so damned funny. Perhaps it was the wine. Perhaps she's just plain rad.

Dee made me eat about forty sausage sandwiches, goddamn. And she told me that if she found out I wasn't eating properly again and wasn't going to her place for food, I wouldn't have to worry about having pretty straight teeth 'cos she'd knock my teeth out. Jesu, woman. Say what you mean next time.

The moral of the story is that I tend to neglect my family. Mostly, they're such awesome people. And they look after me way more than I deserve.

So my cupboard is full and my heart is filled with grandma-shaped love. The mood is perfect for glowing with contentment.

No comments:

Post a Comment