Friday, June 17, 2011

Nostalllllllllllllgia

So every now and then I skim back over my old blog posts. It's different every time I do it, obviously, because I get a little bit older and a little bit wiser (theoretically) every time so I get different things out of it.

What did I take away this time? Three years ago, when I started this blog, I was a much, much more emotional person. Judgements on this aside, I've definitely lost a lot of that (also, I've learnt to spell definitely, apparently). But man, I seemed so much happier back then. I was still in my puppy dog phase and everything in Newcastle was so much shinier. I'd just met Parkhill, I'd just met Mark, I'd just started uni and my new job. To be fair, those things all ended up shaping my life between then and now. I still adore the time I spend with Parkhill, even if there are only a few original members left. I'm still with Mark, even if we did spend a year apart. I'm still at uni, with no exit coming any time soon. I'm still in the same job and I love it (most days). By all rights - and my 2008-Beau's standards - I should be seeing everything as stale. Sure, every now and then I get itchy feet (especially around mid-semester) but all in all... I think I'm pretty fucking stoked with my life.

My point? I need to start expressing that more often. And right there, I think I've found my motivation to start blogging again. I need to be able to look back at experiences I go through every day, both good and bad, and feel the emotions I feel again and again. It's a good feeling. I'm happy but tend to forget that every now and then. My blog was the perfect outlet for Past Beau and it should be for Current Beau and Future Beau too.

So right now, I'm laying on the carpet of my incredibly cold house snuggled up to Yoshi in front of the heater. I'm happy. I'm chilled. I have some new (second-hand) clothes. I have wine. Yup, happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment