Friday, June 17, 2011

=D

Yesterday was such a brilliant day. Well, not the part where I had to get up at 5 in the morning (Boot Camp has given me enough 5am starts!)... but it was totally worth it. I drove to Sydney to pick up Mark and Shaun from the airport, fresh from their 5 weeks in Europe. Third time I've driven Sydney! Okay, so all three times were ridiculously early but they still count as achievements! Both boys were zombified from the jet lag so I didn't get many stories from them - but hey, I had my Markus back.

Of course, work called just as I was getting back to Newcastle to tell me I had a lunch and team-building exercise later that day. So I had to drop Mark off and go straight to the Wetlands. I've been meaning to go there since I first moved to Newy... and what a way to see it for the first time. After lunch, the 8 of us too a segway tour through the wetlands. A chunky-fucking-arse bush segway. You don't even understand. I turned up not knowing what to expect and ended up fulfilling one of my life goals. Also, the Wetlands were pretty. Little chair in random spots, heaps of trails to walk, Aboriginal memorial points... it was a pretty rad place.

Then I got to see Mark again. Got my awesome birthday presents from him (a mug in the shape of a police box, some slippers in the shape of clogs (!), a wallet, a beanie and some European cologne. Fance.). Copious amount of smooches.

Now I'm at home with Mark, Mikey, Mel and Krispy, about to eat Mikey's delicious lasagne snacks and drink deliciously cheap wine.

Ahhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment