Sunday, January 1, 2012

Sleepy new years stuff.

2012. Wholey fuck.
Another year gone. And man was it a quick one. I got back to Australia from Japan just before 2010 switched over to 2011. That feels like it was approximately seven seconds ago. So I’ve been an Australian resident again for over 12 months.
It’s been a pretty awesome year, personally. I’ve downed another year of uni (only 2.5 left to go, pending failures), I bought a car (which has lasted a surprisingly long time without breaking) I got back together with Mark (and stayed back together, so far), I finally settled into a comfy place at work (after 3 years) and I got my first pet in years (who hasn’t died within the first fortnight). Those are a selection of highlights, of course. In that time Ive gained friends, lost friends, grown up, regressed again, cried, laughed and watched a fuckload of television. I celebrated an awesome birthday with my brilliant friends, I roadtriped to Melbourne, I cached and I babysat. I learned to bake a little. I did a boot camp! Well. I went to at least half of the sessions.
What do I regret? My social group dwindling to tiny numbers has sucked a little. I’ve fallen back on some back habits I should lost again. I’ve lost some of my pushiness and have let myself be pushed around more than I’d like to have been. I haven’t saved any money at all. I spend too much time on the computer. I didn’t dedicate enough time to university.
The things I’m most happy with? I’m fitter than ever. For a while I was playing three games of sport a week AND going to the gym. What the heck, right? I got myself back in the right mindset to complete my degree. That was quite a challenge. I saw my nieces and nephew more times this year than any other. I paid off my debts.
So for 2012, what do I hope to achieve?
I want to be a little more focused. I really, truly, honestly want to give uni a proper chance this year and do well.
I want to get Mark to understand and accept me more for who I am. But at the same time, I wanna work a little toward being the person he seems to think I can be.
I want to save some money, hopefully take a trip somewhere memorable. I’ve done SUCH LITTLE TRAVEL this year, it’s a shitty thought.
I want to find more friends, widen my social circle a little, find some more friends I have stuff in common with.
I want to stay healthy and enjoy feeling good about myself.
I want to have fun.
I want to be happy. And I want people to want me to be happy.
And that is enough self-indulgence for this new years day.

No comments:

Post a Comment