Wednesday, May 6, 2009

No time for Beau!

So it turns out that annoying people are right when they say stupid things like, "there just aren't enough hours in the day."

My blog has been abandoned of late. But man, it's because I barely have time to scratch my own arse, let along type about how good it felt and what I was thinking when I was doing it.

Uni has been taking up 80% of my time. And I'm not even an over-achiever! I would say "I don't know how the over-achievers do it" except that I've spent countless hours learning about how epistemological beliefs affect self-efficacy and your overall metacognitive skills... so they're just better organised. I suck at learning and so it's a lot more effort for me! Things are building to a crescendo at the moment, what with only four and a half weeks remaining of term. Only two more online exams, three more essays, an in-class exam and a large-ish PE assessment task to finish before exam period.

Then comes Bali. Speaking of, I've managed to schedule my first overseas trip smackbang in the middle of exam period. it mostly goes over a weekend... so I'm only really knocking out half of a Wednesday, the Thursday, Friday and following Monday. Surely the chances of my exams being on thee dates is fairly slim... right? Worst comes to worst, I'll fake an illness and get a doctors certificate. ;)

But back to the time issue. There's Uni, that's 80% of my time. Then there's work, which takes up another 5%. It does work in REALLY well with uni in comparison to any other job I could have... but still takes away a lot of valuable study/assignment time. So my weekdays are wholly dedicated to those two things. Then Market takes up the other remaining 20% (yup, your maths is correct - I need 105% of a day to fit everything in). Turns out living with someone isn't enough -- you need to spend quality time together! Who woulda thunk it? So there goes Saturdays at the very least. Which leaves Sundays. Which is usually used for either extra uni stuff or finally getting a chance to do shite all and just sleep and relax.

So where does my social life fit into this equation? Bloody good question. My friends have fallen by the wayside and there's absolutely nothing I can do about it without killing myself running around! Thankfully I get the chance to see Sarah at least once a week when we have lunch. And Carolyn is my one true lifeline to a social life (we're both crazy Geminis and so the relationship works perfectly!). Beyond that though... very little!

Anyway, holidays are soon. Just gotta get through the next few weeks and I can have some downtime. At which point I'll probably blog about being bored. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment