Sunday, February 22, 2009

Slightly hungover...

So... I've finally done it. I managed to get so drunk that I have a section of the night that, no matter how hard I try, I just cannot remember.

It started yesterday, with the opening of the stuff on Hunter Street. A bunch of the shops have been rented out to architecture students and other creative figures. They do with it what they want in order to showcase their stuff -- and were kind enough to have fruit and cheese platters and free wine! So of course, Markus and I took full advantage of this situation and helped ourselves to three glasses. And then we took those glasses home. 'Cos they were pretty. We tried to grab some more free food (including sushi!) from the display nextdoor, but were BLOCKED by a rude old woman! Kate tried to grab some and was interrupted by, "Are you from the display nextdoor? Sorry, you can't have any." =O

Then came the second birthday celebration for the day. Leon, John, Markus and myself all took the one car, dressed in matching school uniforms. It would have looked slightly odd to outsiders (including the manly men at the bottle shop who were very amused at the sight of us marching in to stock up on goon). I am not allowed to say too much about it, due to fear of gay-mafia attacks. Needless to say, there were some very interesting encounters and situations that reminded me of how thankful I am not to be in that circle. Being milked for stories on how stable my love-life is was one such nice reminder.

Anyway, there was much, much goon to be had and I don't remember much of where the night went. I do remember drawing all over Johns leg with an orange marker but not being able to see the results because of his dark skin. I remember drawing portraits of people on a whiteboard. I vaguely remember a toasted sandwich when I got home... but waking up wearing nothing but TWO pairs of underwear was the most confusing part.

Recovery so far has involved about three litres of water, a very enjoyable massage and Berry-Weetbix with yoghurt. So I can't really complain. Except that the next stage involves A LENGTHY HIKE THROUGH THE BUSH. Yay.

In other news, I've found things I can cross off of my list:

02. Skinnydip at the beach at night
Friday night. Myself, Rosie and Mark. Some random fellow skinnydippers. Newcastle pools.

21. Get drunk on goon
"You're junk, Drohn." 'Nuff said.

24. Have a food fight.
Whether you count the Great Ice Cream War of '09, the watermelon fight a couple of weeks previously or the grape fight at Kates birthday yesterday, Markus has helped very much with this one, repeatedly.

31. Dance like a fool and don't care who's looking
I was going to use either the Silent Disco at BDO or any night at G to cross this one off. Then I remembered my performance of Beyonce's 'Single Ladies' dance in front of the giant mirror at the gym. Yes, that works well.

38. Build a giant sandcastle
Does a giant pod of whales count? Hell yes it does when you win FIRST PLACE for them and get a TROPHY for your efforts! =D

50. Plant a tree
Do herbs count? I helped plant the basil and I relocated the parsley... and I helped pot Pete!


Yay! Now I'm up to 12/90! Hmm. I'd better get a move on.

1 comment: