Monday, January 12, 2009

...in a haze, in a stormy haze...

Yesterday, I had a brilliant moment of clarity. I was laying on the beach, the sun was shining without a single cloud in the sky, my belly was all full-up with hot chips + tomato sauce, I was laying next to my gorgeous boyfriend... and things just seemed to spill over with awesome. You know those moments where everything just seems completely brilliant and there isn't a single bad thing at the forefront of your mind?

On the down side, I have bright, bright red stripes on my lower back and neck. Apparently, applying sunscreen to someones back is a difficult task? Especially when they have 'neck rolls'? But I can't really complain, Mark ended up burnt too to I suck just as much at the application process. It's gonna be an interesting week or so, filled with flaking skin and hisses of pain.

The last of the free movie tickets was used up last night. It turns out that Benjamin Buttons wasn't what I'd built it up to be in my head. It could be that I hadn't gotten home until 3ish the night before and had gotten up at 730 -- I was repeatedly doing that thing where you drift off and your head drops, jolting you back into awake-ness -- or it could be that the movie was pretty damn boring and had very little storyline outside of the romance. Either way, I was disappointed. Plus, it was like 3 hours long. I need to have some serious commitment to a movie in order to stay that long.

Today I have to make annoying phone calls, switching names on contracts and addresses for the move. I probably won't though. I need a trip to the chemists to buy some sort of soothing/moisturising ointment and drop a couple of bags of clothes at a clothing bin. Other equally exciting things. Fuck, I miss uni.

1 comment:

  1. found a half-decent table + 6 chairs for 80 bucks at maitland. might be worth checkin on the wk/d?

    ReplyDelete