Monday, September 22, 2008

Parkhillians in the Aquahouse.

I've had a great weekend, hey. I drank tea and all. I'm still not sold on it though, d00d. *sigh*

Friday night, my old best mate dropped in for a sleepover on her way to the Central Coast. We swapped photos, stayed up late talking in bed, and drove like hoons. Awesome. I miss her bunches, hey. She's like a grounding pole for me while I float around, being a big weird kite. It's not as if she does anything particularly different to anyone else. I think it's just she's been there for so many years and knows me better than anyone else. Hell, she's been there for every major development in my life since we were what, 13? Why wouldn't she?

I'm sure I've conviced her to get the hell out of Taree. She needs to be here, doing uni and having choices about her working life. Not stuck in a rut doing too much work for people who don't appreciate it. I'm pretty sure I've got her convinced, anyway.

Last night, Mike, Leesh, Sarah and myself ended up in a bar with karaoke. And heaps of homos. It wasn't until I stepped foot in a gay bar that I realised just how homophobic I am. I kinda wanted to gaybash them all. Except the girls. They were far too scary. I know how bad that is, it's not something I'm at all proud of. But slutty men freaks the shit outta me. On the plus side, Leesh and Sarah ended up on stage singing. I'll post a youtube link for y'all soon. Heh.

Tonight was a barbeque with Parkhillians in the Aquahouse. These people, burned sausage sandwiches, Josie & the Pussycats and strawberries. What more could I ask for on a Sunday night, honestly? And Annie. I love you a little bit.

There were couples. They were all romantic and sweet. I'm still somewhat torn on that front. The cuddling, the intimacy... it all looks so comforting and familiar. And scary. I'm gonnna have some serious issues with all this shit one day. Good grief. For now, though, I'll just chillax and pretend I'm all good with it.

So, chidren, we have reacher the final week of term. One more week to get through. Then I get to see Kady and visit Anne. And Mike can come visit and it'll be a mini-Parkhill get-together. But with a baby.

Ugh. I have a 2000 word essay due on Friday and I haven't had the motivation to do much beyond glance at the criteria. I only got a Pass on my first essay for that subject (way harsh, it wasn't THAT bad) so it's put me off this one. I've got this week, I suppose. I can do it! Perhaps I need a visualisation board. And a gratitude journal. Ugh, I'm being Oprah-influenced by association. Thanks, Sarah.

This week, I'm determined to be more motivated. I've gotta stop putting every single thing off until the last possible minute. It's stupid and it makes things more difficult than they need to be. Chan inspired me with her overnight visit. She's the kinda girl that can somehow juggle three jobs, a boyfriend and a social life and make it look easy. Mole. That's all I have to say about her.

Hmm. So this has turned into a bunch of basic ramble. I think I'm gonna go read some comics and drift off, letting myself debrief the last couple of days.

I love it.

Peace. xox

No comments:

Post a Comment